Folbot

Everglades City Flotilla

Discussion and Planning for Folbot Flamingo Flotilla in 2006

Moderator: annd

Postby BOBK » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:54 am

Dear Annd

For us Kentucky hillbillies please in the future do not refer to North or South but say, Up and Down , just the way it is on the map.

Thank you,
Bob K
BOBK

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:03 pm

BOBK wrote:For us Kentucky hillbillies please in the future do not refer to North or South but say, Up and Down , just the way it is on the map.

But... how will you know whether I mean down in the holler or down in the 'Glades? I know. If I mean down in the holler, I'll just say, OK which side is your longer leg on? Go that way. (All Kentuckians have one leg longer than the other, right? So they can stand up straight in the hills? At least that's the way I heard the story.)

Postby annd » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:11 pm

Anonymous wrote:But... how will you know whether I mean down in the holler or down in the 'Glades? I know. If I mean down in the holler, I'll just say, OK which side is your longer leg on? Go that way. (All Kentuckians have one leg longer than the other, right? So they can stand up straight in the hills? At least that's the way I heard the story.)

Well, as you have probably guessed, that stunningly witty repartee was not written by old dull, dry "Guest", but rather by that irrepressible wag....
...annd
GIIs Gilbert, Mudlark and Barney
and hardshells Mathilda and Cliffy-Bob
annd

Movies

Postby ozarque » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:37 pm

Is that a 16mm movie projector, Paul?
John

Yukon, GII, '68 Super TSK, Sawyer Loon, Pygmy Coho
ozarque

Everglades City camping info - RVers must read

Postby Paul MacCartney » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:37 pm

Hello all,

You don't need to make any reservations if you're tent camping. If you're going to RV it, contact me with your expected dates. We have limited RV space in the Festival Area. We'd like to keep a count so we can get overflow space if necessary.

When:
Jan 28th through Feb 5th or any parts therein.

Where:
Trail Lakes Camp Ground, Festival Area - private space for Folbot Flotillians
Drive east of Everglades City on 41 until you see it (it's east of Ochopee too).

Tents:
No reservations necessary. Just pay the owner (Dave) $7 per night.

RVs:
Make reservation with Paul (send me an e-mail). Once there, pay the owner (Dave) $7 per night (which includes electricity).

It seems like it couldn't be simpler...
Paul MacCartney

Re: Movies

Postby Paul MacCartney » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:43 pm

ozarque wrote:Is that a 16mm movie projector, Paul?

You mean they still have those?
Paul MacCartney

Postby ozarque » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:14 pm

' thought you maybe were showing some vintage films the old way. If so, I was thinking about bringing a couple of movies from my junk heap. Don't know if I am even coming, yet.
John

Yukon, GII, '68 Super TSK, Sawyer Loon, Pygmy Coho
ozarque

Postby Paul MacCartney » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:24 am

Don't throw them in the junk heap! I love 'older footage' of the glades. If there's any way you could convert them to DVD or VHS, my system will play them. Unfortunately, those are the only formats I'm rigged for.
Paul MacCartney

Previous

Return to Everglades City (formerly Flamingo) Flotilla 2006