Folbot

I have returned.

Discussion and Planning for Folbot Flamingo Flotilla in 2006

Moderator: annd

I have returned.

Postby BOBK » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:06 am

Other than for our intrepid Ann D, I am probably the last to arrive home from the Everglades City Flottila. I was glad to learn Ann had not started her 2 to 3 hundred mile sailing journey, sleepinng in the G-2, until the cold weather passed. It got down to 22 degrees one evening in the backwoods of the Everglades where I was.

On my way out a week later I ran into a ranger giving a lecture on orchids and sex. I inquired if he knew of Ann and if he was familiar with her flight plan. Yes he knew of Ann and her expedition. The Swamp Girl has evidently become as well known in the Everglades City area as is the Swamp Ape.

I don't know what to make of all the Panther talk, I picked up some interesting stories from the handful of folks who live in the Everglades itself. All I know is I had the good fortune to face down a mother panther and her two almost grown offsprings. A dozen rangers trying to track them down with their electronic tracking equipment never even got a glimpse of them. It was a proud moment as they pinned my Ranger Bob badge on my chest and saluted.

A couple of weeks later I paddled the Silver River and enjoyed the company of a tribe of wild monkeys. They recognized me as their long lost cousin who had went off to the big city life.

And now back to real life.
Bob K
Last edited by BOBK on Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BOBK

Postby cliffy » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:28 am

Dear "Ranger Bob"...... Salute from me too.....
what a story....... Me hopes.... I never earn a badge of my own.. !!!
"Fraidy Cat Cliff" is all I've been able to earn....... :roll:
I'm proud of ya...... glad you came away walking.. !!!!
Hope there's pictures to follow..........
Cliffy
Paddle, enjoy, repeat.
cliffy

Postby gobe » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:45 pm

I understand that "Ranger Bob" is very adept at taking pictures to the rear, over his shoulder! I believe some of his most noteworthy have been of the Flamingo alligators. :D
'gobe'
Black 'n Green Super TSK, Black 'n Blue Cooper No. 1, Black 'n Green Kodiak, Wood 'n Fiberglass CLC Chesapeake LT18
gobe

Postby Ken Hartlein » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:48 pm

Speaking of 'gators, we saw two this week that would go 12-14 feet. Last year we boated up to two that were longer than the boat we were in, a 16' fishing boat!! This was on Choke Canyon Resevoir in south Texas. I never could spell resevoir.
Ken and Charlotte
"Fred and Wilma"

Yukon Jack, Citibot BeeBe, GII Hazel, Sporty (project boat), Stearns K116, Native Ultimate 12
Ken Hartlein

Return to Everglades City (formerly Flamingo) Flotilla 2006