Folbot

A few photos from the flotilla

Discussion and Planning for Folbot Flamingo Flotilla in 2006

Moderator: annd

A few photos from the flotilla

Postby annd » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:30 am

I'm finally back home, after a great time in sunny Fla. I've been poring over my photos, and find that I didn't take very many during the flotilla at all. I think my camera ate them. At least, that's my story.

Here are a few.

The soggier photos are from our final Saturday (Seafood Festival Day), after a massive rainstorm the night before. I think someone said 3 inches fell Friday evening! We were warm and dry in the campground screen house during the storm, enjoying an inspiring talk on GPS and OziExplorer by our very own Pogo. After that, honorary Folboter Horst (actually a Feathercrafter who happened to be staying at the campground during the Flotilla) gave a slide show of his recent 3-month kayaking trip to the South Pacific. What a treat!
Attachments
KittyCat_WannaBe.jpg
This bunny (suspiciously tabby-cat colored) is forever hopping around the campground in pursuit of the local cats, trying to get them to play with him
Tom_and_Joyce_on_Chokoloskee_Bay.jpg
Sailing across Chokoloskee Bay, on the way to Sandfly Island
Seafood_Mudfest.jpg
The seafood at the Festival was delicious, but it took some wading to get to it!
House_of_Mirrors.jpg
Downtown Everglades City after the rainstorm
...annd
GIIs Gilbert, Mudlark and Barney
and hardshells Mathilda and Cliffy-Bob
annd

Welcome Home

Postby ozarque » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:56 am

Ann,
That was a very leisurely timetable for return, to say the least. Envious. Nice shots even if few in number. Maybe you should go back to film and let the giant retailer develop and scan them onto CD?
John
John

Yukon, GII, '68 Super TSK, Sawyer Loon, Pygmy Coho
ozarque

Postby annd » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:12 am

Film??? Nah. Too hard! I might actually have to give some thought to framing and light and getting the horizon level and all that. :wink: With the digital, I just keep shooting the same bird until I get bored, hoping one of the shots will turn out. Mostly they don't, sometimes they do.

I think I've figured out my digital camera finally. The trick is to be sure the little dial on top is set to take pictures, not review them. Doh.

We missed you at the flotilla this year, John! But never fear, we'll show the Skunk Ape video at Flamingo next year so you can see what you missed. In fact, I suspect that a mandatory viewing will become part of the Flamingo tradition.
...annd
annd

Attendees

Postby ozarque » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:27 am

I'll start planning, now.
Did Tom or Franz make it for their 99 mile wilderness trail adventure?
John

Yukon, GII, '68 Super TSK, Sawyer Loon, Pygmy Coho
ozarque

Re: Attendees

Postby annd » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:27 am

ozarque wrote:I'll start planning, now.
Did Tom or Franz make it for their 99 mile wilderness trail adventure?

Nope. Neither one of those goldbrickers showed up. :wink: Just as well: the southern half of the Wilderness Waterway was closed, until the end of the flotilla. Most of it's back open now. Ready for next year's adventures!
...annd
annd

Return to Everglades City (formerly Flamingo) Flotilla 2006